In Feb 2020, China’s Consumer Price Index (CPI) went up by 5.2% year-on-year, with an increase of 4.8% in urban areas and 6.3% in rural areas. The food prices went up by 21.9%, and the non-food prices increased by 0.9%.
- The food prices increased by 21.9% YoY, mainly due to the price of pork was up by 135% last year.
- Fresh vegetable prices increased by 9.5% YoY.
- The non-food prices increased by 0.9% YoY.
- The prices of other goods and services increased by 4.4%.
- The price of Health care increased by 2.2%.
- The Education, Culture and Entertainment price increased by 1.0%.
- Egg prices decreased by 5.8%.